Now Hiring: Appliance Technicians
Thomas Service Company is a local appliance service company that specializes in the repair and maintenance of Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove luxury appliances. We are a small, tight-knit family, but business is booming and we need your help to continue growing.
We are hiring experienced Appliance Technicians to join our growing team. For more about our company and the positions available, read on.
Why Work with Thomas Service Company
Family-Owned for 70+ Years
Founded in 1947, we are a family-owned-and-operated appliance repair service based in Inver Grove Heights, which serves Minnesota, western Wisconsin, and northern Iowa. After four generations, it’s safe to say this business is our family, which means all our employees are a part of the family.
Exclusive Luxury Service
We work exclusively with a select group of luxury brands: Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove. And as the Premier Partner of these manufacturers, we have a direct line to their customers, which lets us maintain a full schedule of service appointments year-round in the most beautiful homes in the area.
These are full-time positions with competitive annual salaries, as well as full benefits, including medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, and more. We value each and every one of our employees, and we back our words with actions. You will always have our full support.
Appliance Technicians are responsible for visiting customers’ homes to troubleshoot appliance issues and perform repairs. We are offering signing bonuses up to $5,000 for experienced technicians.
Appliance repair doesn’t get a lot of press, but it’s a great career. For one, it pays well with tons of benefits and job security (see Compensation & Benefits). For another, it’s a very fulfilling career. You’re your own boss as you drive between appointments, troubleshoot and quote repairs, and fix problems with your hands and mind. If you need support, you’ll get it, either from our team or from the manufacturer. But at the end of the day, your customers know they have you to thank.
- Provide best-in-class customer service
- Diagnose and repair four brands of residential appliances: Sub-Zero, Wolf, Cove
- Prescreen / triage service tickets prior to home visit
- Provide cost estimates to customers and collect payments
- Replace worn and defective parts and reassemble units after repairs are made
- Properly document service tickets
- Maintain communication with Management and Customer Service staff
- Manage company vehicle inventory
- Follow vehicle maintenance schedule and keep van clean and organized
- Use technology (cell phones, laptops, etc.) as needed
- Attend occasional training sessions, in-person and online
- Other duties, as assigned, which may include cross-training
- Meet key performance metrics and/or productivity goals
Experience is preferred but isn’t necessary. All technicians will begin in a training period to ensure they know Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove appliances and are able to meet our standards for excellence. Apprentices will also be learning the trade, through in-person and online sessions, which means they will stay in training longer before making the transition to working independently. You will receive a paid salary during the training period.
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional appearance
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 100 pounds
- Must have a valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Background check and drug test will be conducted
Compensation & Benefits
- Annual commission potential of $100,000+, starting salary based on experience
- Up to $5,000 signing bonus
- Paid salary during training period
- Full time position with weekly pay
- Incentive/bonus opportunities
- Customer tips
- Highly competitive paid time off program and paid holidays
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health savings account
- 401K available with company match
- Company vehicle provided
- Company cell phone provided
- Company tablet/laptop provided
- Many specialized tools provided
- Best-in-class routing software
- Flexible schedule
- Option to dispatch from home
- Full support staff
- Biannual company outings
- No on-call work
Please complete the form below and upload a copy of your current résumé. If you meet the qualifications, we will contact you shortly for more info and to arrange an interview.